Over the years after Captain Hibbert's death, changes were made to the interior of the church. These included two new organs, the latest bought from Radcliffe College in 1962, and a new high altar and reredos of Caen stone, consecrated in 1898. The altar and reredos commemorate the Golden Jubilee of the opening of the first church in 1847. In 1900 the Lady altar, also of Caen stone, with a statue of Our Lady of Lourdes as it's centre piece, was erected and in the following year dedicated to the Sacred Heart.
Both altars were gifts of families in memory of deceased relatives. Statues of St. Joseph and St. Philomena were bought in 1901 together with a statue of Our Lady (now in Bishop Wulstan School). In 1904 the roofs of the chancel and Hibbert chapel were richly decorated. The work in the Hibbert chapel was by Captain Hibbert's eldest son (who also had the spire repaired). The carved choir stalls, costing £348 were installed in the same year and the four panels depicting portraits of saints were completed in 1908. After the First World War, a wooden memorial altar was installed in a chapel at the rear of the south aisle.