For a time, they were rented to parishioners, but now have all been sold. Next the Hibbert's founded a boys school, a girls school and a convent with four Sisters of Providence (the Rosminians associated order of Nuns) to teach the girls.
The continued growth of the congregation led the building of the desired extension to St.Maries. Funds came from the friends of the Institute but mainly from Captain Hibbert. The plans were drawn by Pugin's son, Edward Welby Pugin, who preserved and extended his father's original design. The new nave was joined to the existing church: the original chancel became the Hibbert chapel and the original nave became the south aisle. The new church was opened on the 21st June 1864.